Dave Mozealous: Why won't my FLV's playback when deployed via a server?
One possible reason is that in IIS in WINDOWS 2003 FLV needs to be configured as a supported MIME type. I continually foget this, so I am posting here for two reasons:
- Maybe it will help someone else out
- Maybe it will help me remember to do this
To setup IIS to support FLV as a MIME type follow the directions below:
- Right click the site in IIS and select Properties
- Select the HTTP Headers Tab
- Select File Types
- Under the MIME Map section and select New Type
- Type ".flv" as the associated extension and "video/x-flv" as the content type
- Select OK
Your FLVs should now play back when viewed from the server. If you use a hosting company to host your files it is best to check with them about adding FLV as a supported MIME type.